Regular attendance at school is a necessity if students are to achieve to their fullest potential. Parents/Guardians are urged to work with school personnel to resolve issues that may interfere with their student’s school attendance. Please review the Parent's Guide to School Attendance to answer questions you may have about attendance/truancy information.
Here are a few quick tips to assist you at Legacy High School:
1. An absence note must be brought to the attendance office located in the Deans' Office or in the Asia Office, on the 2nd floor, within three (3) days of the absence. Absences not cleared will deem a student truant for the day(s) absent.
2. Absence notes should include the student's name, student number, grade, date, reason for absence, and parent/guardian phone number and signature. Parents/Guardians may also send their note electronically to the following email addresses: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org .
3. Students have three (3) days to make up missed assignments. Students can view teacher's web page for any lesson/assignment or check Infinite Campus for missing work.
4. Any student arriving thirty (30) minutes late to any class is considered absent from that period and must provide note in order to be excused.
5. Seven (7) or more unexcused absences for any class will result in a Denial of Credit for the semester.
All other Attendance related questions can be directed to our office at 702-799-1777 x 4204.